What’s in a day?
Becoming an axe ranger will be a thrilling experience. The role will be demanding, but you’ll be part of a supportive team and it’ll be rewarding, sociable and challenging.
Your main duties are to make sure our customers are safe & happy, maintaining the range and working closely with the manager to provide a great overall experience. However, as with any customer facing role, there’s a lot more to it than that….
- Inducting people to the site and signing them in
- Instructing our customers on axe throwing skills
- Maintaining the condition of the target lanes and site
- Enforcing health and safety rules and our code of conduct
- Taking care of our customers
- Assisting the manager opening and closing the range
- Ensuring everyone on site is having a great experience
What sort of hours will I work?
Full time and part time positions will be available.
Working hours will be offered in shifts, the site will be open 7 days a week, from around mid-day in the week-days, and from early til late weekends.
The best bit about working at Skeeters?
The range will be an exciting working place, with all the rewards of enabling people to enjoy a great entertainment experience. Being part of one of the newest fastest growing sports in the UK will be an interesting & challenging journey!
What skills do I need?
Any experience in hospitality will help you develop the people and service skills you need, but obviously it’s more relevant if you’ve worked in other sporting or entertainment businesses. You’ll also need bags of personality and a can-do attitude that might see you sorting out a broken target if that’s what it takes to keep the business on track that day.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for all
- Looking after the customers’ needs
- Keeping an eye out for dangerous behaviour
- Ability to deal with difficult conversations
- Attentiveness and focus
- Communicating effectively
- Basic computer literacy (email, booking system etc.)
What qualifications do I need?
No formal qualifications are required, although we will be sending all of our staff on instructor training, as well as training in our safety processes.
Who would it suit?
You’re going to have to like people, because you’ll be seeing an awful lot of them – from every walk of life. Being an outgoing person will be a must, as a good part of your job will be entertaining our guests, and keeping a smile on everyone’s face!
Get in touch at email@example.com if you have any questions, or a copy of your CV and a cover letter if you want to jump right in!